Friday, June 8, 2012

Why? Yet again?

She has to always go through a lot of struggle before she finally achieves success. She was born that way too. Had a complicated pregnancy,was hospitalised numerous times,docs could'nt feel her even in my fifth month etc,etc. She was born overseas and overseas is where she always lands herself into trouble. The number of thefts/robberies she has had to go through is not funny.What I lost sleep on was that she literally had to beg for money for survival!  Today was another bad day when early morning I was told that her passport has 29th Feb,2014 as her expiry date when 2014 does not have a 29th.  Her job internship is almost about to slip away.

She cried on Skype,'Mamma,why can't things work out fine for once?'  I have been sitting all  tensed since then,all shaken and worried. Early morning her time far away she'll have to make her way to the Indian Embassy there.Since its a technical error on their part,hope it gets rectified soon and she does'nt lose the coveted internship.

My ma-in-law taught me NOJOR JHARA. The first time MIL did it on me,I giggled as a new bride. But today I do it on my family,thinking she's blessing them yet again. Feeling much better after penning down all this. Hope to God she maintains her brave front and sorts it with her usual efficiency.I asked her to be cool as she's not the one to tolerate inefficiency. Like mother,like daughter! To that she replĂ­ed, 'Today I might just about break down.' 

1 comment:

amrita said...

I pray that all is well....she gets the error rectified and continues with the internship ! I believe in the power of prayer and if you really want to ward off the evil, believe in the omnipresent goodness ! One mother to another bite your nails away but think positive !!! Hugs to both :))))