Monday, September 16, 2019

Vacuum previous pieces of my life...

I read books to them,telling stories of mother and child and my youngest is aware of it!
The nest today has been vacated and I miss the birdies sorely,very very sorely. In fact that's an understatement!!

People say being a mother is tough and challenging.I say,its very tough when the birdies leave. Bringing them up was somehow was a breeze and rather enjoyable. I watch the mother bird very keenly in the early morning hours and admire her attitude of 'move on!'

I used to be one of those moms who drove herself to the hospis for check ups,delivery all on her own. Husband had a demanding job. Never kept a nanny to look after them perhaps as I was brought up by one and noticed the job was always delegated. Gave up my job every time they were born and the workaholic best father(wonder how he did it really!) in the world,was nowhere to be seen most of the time. My mother didn't know,wouldn't know that she had to be there when I delivered. Well,she didn't fly down when I delivered my eldest overseas.In between I lost my second and I never shared! She came visiting much after the youngest was born and she left.
A friend whose in laws looked after her three,while she romped around the world constantly,cautioned me once,'wonder what you will do when they leave'. I understand today what she meant.

I miss them SO MUCH this afternoon! There is no logic,no explanation to why/how.






No comments: